Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Political comment.

Mes Amis:

"I can keep my money, my freedom and my guns, and you can keep the "change." I saw this as a big sign on the back of a car. There are more signs of unrest in America than I have seen in my 73 years on this planet this round. Are we in fact doomed as a Republic? What happened to our sense of duty? Our willingness to fight. "The price of freedom is constant alertness and the willingness to fight back." (L. Ron Hubbard.)

Now we have illegal aliens on social security without contributing a penny, a medical program that can exclude people from advanced age of getting expensive treatment such as chemo because the determination of societal worth vis a vis expense, removal of habeas corpus-the fundamental right of the citizenry, Homeland security-an act that in order to keep security limits movement and freedom, pending required national id card, bills to regulate my right to keep and bear my hunting rifle and shotgun, CEO's who get millions in severance from companies they managed to bankrupt and then get paid out of the public fisc, billions of dollars in new bills to adjust the economy, much of which is just pork, and the list goes on and on.

So is there some pattern behind this? Who is really running things? The gnomes of Zurich? I think there is nothing done now, or anytime in the past, of significant change that wasn't engineered to empower individuals in charge who don't give a damn about the people. In a little book by Will Durant, he said that there is a higher concentration of wealth in a smaller percentage of the population now than there was in imperial Rome. Every great civilization seems to have gone through such an evolution, then crumbled because of corruption at the top.

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed. -- Ayn Rand (1905-1982) Author

I am convinced all of this chaos was manufactured for the benefit of a dominating international group who have run things for a long time, but now are just making larger, bolder steps in creating larger chaos to distract us from the truth, to set themselves up as ultimate rulers with infinite power over our lives and minds. They are emboldened by our apathy. And of course they are hidden in the woof and warp of business and political fabric, saying that one visible group or the other is cause. Obama, Bush, papa Bush, Clinton, Reagan, little Jimmy, and all of them were pawns. Cannon fodder. This "bailout" insanity simply pushes us toward the brink of what probably will be the biggest economic collapse imaginable, and we are sheep for shearing but are doing nothing for we are polarized and mesmerized by the rhetoric of this one so improbable a president who is driving us at breakneck speed toward the brink.

My ultra conservative friends have poo pooed my observations along this line. I was on a radio program with Jim Engster on public radio before the invasion of Iraq, and demanded to know about those Weapons of Mass Destruction, where were they, what was the justification of invasion, and even defended France's refusal to join the war. I was told by several to get hell out of the US and move to France. My questions of the motivation of this, the Homeland Security Act, and on and on, have been kicked in the teeth because I have been some kind of weirdo who dares question the wisdom of our great "leadership." I sent a letter to Clinton when he endorsed the "don't tell" concept in the army in protecting military homosexuals, saying his administration would probably go down as one of the worst in history. Well? I was told that the gov. would probably be investigating me and I should be very afraid. What the hell is this attitude? I have the right to question those things that impact my life!! Not that that issue impacted my life, but it was such a departure from my concept of the order of things that I had to say something.

It is this apathy that has put us in this precarious position of pending tyranny and hidden Marxism that can actually be fascism for we will be run by the wealthy who run the government as always. If we continue on this path, we can have a Gulag world with Orwell's "1984" just coming a few decades late, camps for dissidents and political mavericks. I will surely be a candidate to disappear for I have made myself a critic of the power, unwisely for I really created a problem for myself as an outspoken lawyer. So I speak from experience. I have seen, as Ann Rand said, those guys deal in favors with no production. And they live very very well. You penalize production and reward non production and you get non production. Where are we in this truthful statement? Bankrupt.

So this said, take a look at where you are in your sense of responsibility. I feel a rebellion in the air, for what it is worth because "they" have means of putting one down, but if the public makes a huge spontaneous move, it can happen. The only problem about revolution is the new group then suddenly changes and becomes the old in short time. Welcome to planet earth.

Durant says that regardless of how powerful the centralized government becomes, sooner or later it is toppled. With existing technology of sniffing out dissidents and rebels, this may take a while to overturn. What you see in Science Fiction movies are simply the future, and implanted chips are the future---to read not just your health but your location and even emotions and thoughts. This is not far away. So enjoy what freedom you have now, and be ready for anything.

I usually am upbeat, write about joy and happiness and the infinite capabilities of man and his works of beauty and worth. I am just fed up with the apathy of our public, for all art and beauty seem to disappear under the shadow of tyranny, and if we don't wake up and do something, like electing responsible men and women, taking part in community, state and national affairs in some way, then soon you will be willingly stretching your hands so they can place the manacles of command on your soul.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. Articulately stated. Quotes are completely on point.
    Americans need to educate themselves as tho how this country came into power and became the strongest work force and riches country in the world and exemplify their forefathers' actions. For the love of god, FIGHT BACK against what seems to be inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 101 Things You Can Do to Make a Change in the World Crisis .... http://www.RestoretheRepublic.com/vlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. I especially liked this:

    "So this said, take a look at where you are in your sense of responsibility. I feel a rebellion in the air, for what it is worth because "they" have means of putting one down, but if the public makes a huge spontaneous move, it can happen."

    We can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just read this and you are right, it is apathy, and a "No, it wouldn't happen here," attitude that could see us all in a whole lot of trouble. I'm not now living in the USA. There is a lot of apathy here too (Australia). I do my bit by letting others know that the Constitution of the good old US of A is a good thing and it is being violated. I also hand out "The Way to Happiness" booklets. They make a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete